Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Opposite Ends

Working at opposite ends of my studio the last couple of days. When I get tired of brushwork, I can turn to pencil. When I am tired of black and white, I can turn to color.

Challenging myself with value issues. Working at creating depth on a two dimensional surface, certainly can be a workout.

The painting is signed. As for the charcoal... it will be a while longer.

Arrangements
9x12" oil on linen panel
©2010 Robin Neudorfer

(untitled Shadow Series #6)
:work in progress:
20x30" charcoal on Rives BFK
©2010 Robin Neudorfer

2 comments:

Caroline Bray Art said...

The process for each of the opposites much be feeding each other as well - the drawing enriching your painting and vice versa. It's a really good idea for a working method. I'm about to get a few more small pieces underway, all to be worked at alongside one another, and you've made me stop and think that one should be in black and white...Thanks for sharing!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations