Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In the Shadow Series #6

 In the Shadow Series #6
(work in progress)
30x22" charcoal on Rives BFK

I am still thinking about a title for this shadow work. I captured it one day while working at the Los Angeles Arboretum. I usually enjoyed plein-air painting there, with my artist friends, but this day I was adventurous and taped a full sheet of the scrumptious Rives BFK paper to a board. I had already been quite successful with a few other shadows, which can be seen here. I wanted to see if I could push the idea a bit more.

I found an interesting shadow to capture, but it meant that I was actually crouched down under a few bushes. I am sure I was an odd sight. After I arrived home I set the drawing in the drawer, and worked on other work. I have been taking my time through unfinished work and this drawing called out to me. We shall see where it takes me... there is quite a ways to go.

No comments: